Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Alessia!

My baby girl's 1st birthday is (already!) next month, so I've naturally been planning it. I've decided to go with a spring theme, which makes me think of butterflies and flowers. My first project was the centerpiece. I still have the birthday banner and party favors to do, but thought I would share what I have already accomplished.



This was my fist time using my Big Shot and the SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die with material other than paper, and boy was I impressed! I actually thanked my husband, again, for my Mother's Day gift. It just keeps on giving! I was surprised to see that cranking the foam through the Big Shot seemed like I was running cardstock through... it was THAT easy! Now I want to experiment with other types of material after seeing what my Big Shot is capable of!

Here is a closer view:





Here you can see (I hope) where I've used the texturz plates, on the pink butterfly in the middle and to the back, and on the pink butterfly on the left. It looks so cute in real life!




Recipe-
Stamps- none
Ink- none
Paper- Certainly Celery cardstock
Accessories- vase (from IKEA), Chocolate Chip 1" Double-Stitched grosgrain ribbon, wooden skewers, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Button Latte designer buttons, linen thread, crimper, Big Shot, Stampin' Up! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates, Foamies Fashion Foam Sheets (Darice brand), Foamies Glitter Sticky Back Foam Sheets (Darice brand)

No comments:

Post a Comment